Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rock a bye

Sing along with Abi:
Rock a baby bye
On the tree chalk
When the baby falls
It's time to go to bed.


I'm guessing she's heard the original at daycare because I sing:

Rock a bye, baby
On the tree top
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
When the bough bends
The cradle will sway
So sleep ______
(darling/pretty baby/ Abi - or whatever I insert)
Sleep until day/through the day (depending on nap or bedtime song)

I also sing a verse I made up entirely:

Rock a bye, baby
Out on the sea
When the waves roll
They'll lull you to sleep
When the waves break
Upon a new shore
You'll rest/dream/nap on the beach
Listening to the sea roar.


I avoid the cradle-falling original verse. It's too violent for me. Honestly, why would I want to sing about my baby falling??

Perhaps I shall post later about our other lullabies.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed