Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, June 02, 2006

Homeward Bound

Jen (since you're the only person I know who actually reads this regularly), I thought I'd let you (all) know what our Winnipeg plans are so far.

We were waiting for a seat sale from Westjet. Robin checked meticulously. According to seat-sale trends the seats should be on sale now. Instead they are more costly (as one expects as you approach flight dates). Since we have a fabulous car now we're planning to drive instead. Tis cheaper, but of course takes a bit more time. This will also be much easier on Darla.

We've considered alternatives for Darla's care, but because she is still suffering separation anxiety none looked good. Leaving her here with freinds or family would be tricky, because she really does need someone home as much as possible. We've been crating her when we leave for long periods, which has been useful in keeping her from scratching the door and peeing in the basement. Now when we leave for short periods (only a few hours instead of 8) she seems to be happy that we didn't crate her and refrains from peeing. We can't tell about the scratching since the door is already very scratched up. I suppose I should webcam record her again to see if there is any improvement. Anyhow, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if we left her for over a week, even with friends. Cats are so much easier - leave food and water and a big litter box.

This week I was able to test the Corolla on the highway as I travelled to and from Toronto for three days (attending a conference)... in rush hour. Needless to say it was not a pleasant drive. It has been very hot and humid. And I was cursing that we bought a manual car (which under most circumstances I love) as I crawled along the 401. Fortunately we have AC and I had good company.

To return to the topic at hand, it looks like we should leave end of this month. Robin still needs to negotiate some more holiday time. Hmm, looks like I'll be rushing to grade papers before I leave. I hope a bunch arrive early.

We look forward to seeing everyone! Of course, I'll be at Folk Fest for several days of it. Sorry Jen. You're lucky I'm coming back to town for the wedding. JJ. Sheesh, had to be the far opposite end of the city! And don't worry, I'll stop at my parents's place to shower first! lol You don't want some stinky folk-fester at your wedding. I'll do my best to get the mud out from between my toes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*pouts* I read regularly!!! I check every few days to see if there's an update!

I was thinking of you today in Holland Nursuries 'cause I know you were germinating over the winter. I know you're going to have an amazing garden!

Luvs ya! Hugs to the kitties and Darla!

Anonymous said...

My apologies Sabrina :) Will you forgive me? Until now Jen was the only person who told me she reads here.Mandyz

Anonymous said...

^_^ Of course I forgive you silly! I was telling Mom about your gardening adventure and she hopes that it all comes out how you want!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed