Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, September 04, 2005



Robin and I are the proud foster family for this beautiful dog. She doesn't have a name right now, but we'll think of one soon. She was labelled Cream by the shelter. Needless to say, I can't call to a dog called Cream. I am assuming they named her for her colour.
She has a great temprament. She is not aggressive or noisy or fearful or possessive. However, she has never learned any commands at the age of 2 or 3. So this is where our work comes in to prepare her for adoption :) She is a great dog! When I think that she was going to be put down because the shelter she was at was overfilled, I know that she is a very lucky dog. She of course does not know this.
She is a german shephard cross, perhaps with some stocky cattle dog. Her snout is quite foxish. She has a lot of energy, but she's also quiet and restful now when we are inside, even though she has not been here 24 hours. I am very impressed.
Who knows, we may even adopt her :) Although she's smaller than we are looking for in a dog. And I would be just as happy to find her a home elsewhere and be able to rescue another dog, no matter how much I come to love her. I'm certain I will love every animal I rescue - but if I were to keep them all I would limit how many I could rescue in my home.
We have yet to acquaint the dog and cats... the cats are hiding upstairs. They seem to come out when I walk the dog, because they are eating their food.

So that's what's new here. Classes start again soon, although I just have the one I TA to attend Thursday evenings. The rest of my work is self-directed reading in preparation for my comps.

2 comments:

Megs said...

Beautiful dog, who couldn't love her with a face like that. Good luck with training her.

Anonymous said...

She does have a name now - Darla. And we will definitely be adopting her. She is truly wonderful!! She's training fairly well, at least in the home. I look forward to getting her in lessons once she is out of heat.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed