Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Nothing much

Not much to say, but it feels like it's been forever since I posted last. I think not soin reality. I've just been that busy. :) Well, sick and busy, so time takes on new measures.
Finally started painting my office so that I can eventually get all set up before the new term begins. It's definitely hard to work without a desk and access to my files and books. The office is going to look great! I'm very happy with the colour - orange. I'll never fall asleep at the books again! So far we've only done one coat of two walls. Using two slightly different shades for the sunny/less-sunny walls. It probably won't be noticeable, but I had to get 2 cans anyways, so might as well do the 2 colours. We still have to finish all the trim in the master bedroom as well.

Robin has us hooked on the INXS show now. Sorry mom, but it's far better than Canadian Idol. This week Idol was doing rock music as well, and there's just no comparison. After watching an episode of INXS and then catching a song on Idol, it was pathetic. Also caught the first episode of Tommy Lee going to college. Who thinks up these things??? Craziness I tell you. What is the world of entertainment coming to? What happened to the Muppet Show? (I don't know why that show came to mind).

Well, aside from some evening TV, most of the day you'll find me on the computer writing and researching. And telling the cats to bugger off. Gryphon took that a little too seriously and figured out how to open the screen door himself. He's obsessed with going outside now. He was not like this at the townhouse. I think it's all the trees and birds and squirrels and other local cats that entice him. He and the local squirrel have developed a "relationship". It's hilarious to hear the squirrel nattering at Gryphon from a tree after Gryph's been following her. I'd noticed our resident squirrel always on our deck a while back. Then this week I saw her on the deck again and thought, jeez, this squirrel likes our deck. Then I thought, hmm, Gryphon's out here somewhere. Then I saw Gryphon jump onto the rail behind the squirrel. lol. After I screamed at Gryph the squirrel got away to once again natter at my cat. Today I bought a second halter so I can let the cats go out together tied up, but mostly because I made a vet appointment for them down the street.
It's very convenient that a 2 minute walk away is a chiropractor, naturopath and vet. I'll be seeing the chiropractor next week to begin treatment. I'm looking forward to that! It's been 3 years since I had a chiropractor. Next I just have to find a hairdresser. My short hair is getting long fast.
As for Robin... nothing new to report. That's why I type these. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Good to hear that you're settling in well in your house! I think that an orange office will probably make studying a little easier. With apartment off white walls it's really easy to sleep!

I have a confession. I am also addicted to Rock Star and think it is much better then Canadian Idol. I am rooting for Mig and Jordis. I'm excited to finally know someone else watching the show!

Thanks for webcamming the other day. It was fun!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Gryphon and a squirrel?!? Who knew?

BTW-- Speaking of The Muppet Show-- Season One is comming out on DVD! *Gleeful dancing* Oh! And there's a party on the rock tommorow-- wish you could come!!!

Luv,
Sabrin ^_^ \V/

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed