Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mandy's Mini Survey - thanks

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my totally informal survey about religion. I have enjoyed reading all the interesting mail in my inbox. I should have thought of this years ago!
So far I have to say that Steve Bruce is wrong... people are not indifferent about religion as whole - though clearly some people do not like organized religion. Which is exactly what I thought already, and is the majority view in religious studies.
Well, I must keep this short. [note after writing post: HA!] There is so much to do before I fly off to Germany. I've got Euros in my purse, a plane ticket, passport, a destination, notebook... (still have to pack my luggage) and I'm ready to go! I'm a little scared - this is my first big trip and looking at the route to get from the Hanover airport to the university in Bielefeld is daunting. It includes a 7 minute walk to get to another station... except the instructions on the trip itinerary don't come with a map! So where do I walk to??? I still have a few kinks to iron out... My time in Germany looks fully mapped out. There are events from 9 am until 8pm almost everyday, though three of the after dinner events are listed as social events :) The rest is all workshops centred around faith development theory research methods. It will either be very interesting, or sleep-inducing. I'll let you know when I return.

We've cleared out of the townhouse now. Finished all our cleaning today. Looks as good as when I moved in - better actually because it lacks the construction dust and it's been aired out. (Well, the walls are worse for wear, but I blame the crap paint for that, the paint I couldn't wash without it peeling off!)
I had managed to clear out most of the boxes around the new house until a few days ago when they piled back up. So I'm back to doing that and organizing the house. We still haven't painted the trim in our bedroom (haven't yet chosen a colour - either dark green or brown), but we set up the furniture in the meantime. And have yet to paint my office, so it's half in the spare room. Had to move some into the office in order to make the spare room functional when my grandparents come to drive me to the airport this weekend.

And on top of that I've still got my research and a final paper to write.
Life is busy. Hence I have not responded to individual emails lately. I still anticipate more time in September...
Until I return from Germany,
Mandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lost all those responses in Germany when I lost my email account. :( Fortunately it was an informal survey and I had time to read them all before leaving.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed