Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, April 15, 2011

Last Weekend

Last weekend was full of excitement. Corey and Ed came out to visit, we celebrated the beginning of spring with the Ostara Bunny leaving treats, AND it was my birthday.  I'm finally getting around to sharing some photos for you. (click to enlarge)
 Saturday we went out to St. Jacobs and after shopping at the market took a long walk in the town up to the local dam.
 There were many lovely photo opportunities on that beautiful day.
Of course, Robin as usual neglected to inform us (or at least me) of his intent to take a long walk. If I'd known I would have brought the Ergo carrier...  Instead there was a lot of this
And this




And just general trailing-behind of Abi and I



Fortunately, she could sometimes be convinced to walk more on her own with the allure of a walking stick



We saw a lot of great things. Fish in the water. Birds. "Helicopter" seeds to toss. And a couple of garter snakes playing chase and "hard to get".

The next morning the Ostara Bunny came to visit. Abi was slow to get into the hunt, but by the end she was eagerly seeking out more eggs. And she adores the purple lamb puppet.



We were having so much fun that I almost forgot it was also my birthday. My sweet daughter prepared a basket of her eggs for me and wished me a happy birthday.
Robin baked a rich chocolate cake.



We also went out for sushi for lunch.
That same day we also went to the park and took Abi roller skating (with Uncle Ed).  Once again she made me proud - picking up newspaper flyers blowing around.
 Litter offends her sense of what is proper.


 Of course, as usual, she and I were tagging along behind...
(Here we are also modelling our summer knit hats)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed