Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sick, Sick, Sick

It's been a horrid week of illness here.  Sunday Robin was feeling off and attributed it to drinking too much caffeinated pop at the party Saturday evening.  So Monday I bussed onto campus early in the morning, leaving Abi and Robin asleep. Robin had booked the day off weeks ago, which turned out to be very convenient.  My quick visit to campus ended up taking most of the day, and I returned home to a hubby asleep on the futon and kiddo watching videos.  He had a high fever and much congestion.  Abi and I ran out for a few groceries (that Robin was supposed to get on Sunday, then put off until Monday).  Tuesday was Abi's turn to run a high fever and get the mucus in her chest. Robin was over his fever and beginning recovery. I was busy tending to clingy sick kid. Her fever wouldn't come down with natural methods, which have always worked for her in the past, so I actually had to run to the store for children's acetaminophen.  Thankfully that worked.  And of course it was my turn on Wednesday. I knew what to expect.  It was another day of videos, and this time I was the one sleeping the day away.  I'm finally starting to feel human today, but we're hacking away.  Slept in late and took a long nap at noon... Made pancakes with apple sauce because eggs is on the grocery list (my own fault for not picking up more in the quick run).  Just snuck away briefly to check if there are any important e-mails. But Abi calls...

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed